Eaten By A Pig

Long time readers know that I have a list of things that frighten me. Now don't get me wrong. I am a pretty brave fellow, but being eaten alive by a 660 pound hog would rattle my cage a bit.

Of course I have to ask what the hell the son was doing with that pitchfork because believe me, that pig would have been stuck in so many places he would have looked like he lost a fight to a porcupine.

"A NORTH Wales farmer suffered horrific injuries after being mauled by a 660lb pig. The massive Landrace boar went berserk and pinned Geraint Roberts against a tractor

The animal sank its huge teeth into the 49-year-old Anglesey farmer's back as he tried to move it from a feeding trough into its pen. One bite almost severed a main artery.

His 19-year-old son Gwyn's attempts to drive it off with a pitchfork and stick failed. But knowing the pig hated water, wife Nerys, 47, turned a power hose on it, forcing it to release her husband.

Mrs Roberts runs a cottage industry making treacle toffee, bara brith and shortbread from the farm at Brynsiencyn, and was fortunately around the farm to rescue her husband."

4 comments:

Ray Bridges said...

I grew up country, and one of the first things you learn is that hogs can be very dangerous. I got treed a couple of times by both boars and sows.

Jack Steiner said...

That doesn't sound like much fun to me.

Moze said...

If you know to behave around them, pigs can be lifesavers, literally. When my father escaped Aushwitz he outwitted the Nazi's dogs by hiding in a pig sty. (The scent confused the dogs and my father had all the slops he could eat. Hey, after what they served in the camps, it was a five star meal.)

Jack Steiner said...

Hi Moze,

It sounds like your father has a hell of a story.

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...