The Price is Right

Here is another show that with a little tweaking could be so much better. If I ran it I'd begin by making sure that nothing offered was the name brand and then I'd throw in items that didn't necessarily match.

Contestant number one would be so flustered trying to figure out how much to bid on the Sonemersawaisamsungvczenith entertainment center. How do you bid on a stereo that comes with a dictaphone, Black and White TV with a record player that only plays 45s and an Eight Track player.

In between things like this I'd throw in little twists a la Let's Make a Deal and then just for fun I'd make sure that the winners found out what the taxes were on their winnings at the same time as they won them.

Just imagine this. Congratulations Mrs. Hackleshmackle you just won the showcase showdown. The total of your winnings is $32,635.98. Mr. Smith from the IRS is here to collect the $29,765.23 that you owe in taxes immediately. The look on their faces would be priceless.

Ok, maybe that wouldn't be so much fun or all that enticing but it would lead to interesting scenarios such as Bob Barker Rage.

4 comments:

Robbie said...

Don't forget to spay and neuter your pets, either.




(And hey, what's a guy gotta do to get on the blogroll around here?)

The Misanthrope said...

Your tax idea right on target, but oh so painful.

Ezzie said...

I'd throw up.

Anyone here from NYC area? Ever drive from Far Rockaway/Five Towns and see that stupid billboard of the 80-year old Representative at the beach?! :::shudder:::

Jack Steiner said...

Robbie,

There is an extensive application and screening process. It begins with an introductory fee of only $24.95. ;) Give it time and it will happen.

Misanthrope,

Are taxes ever not painful.

Q,

Makes sense to me.

Ezzie,

Do you bench before or after. ;)

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...