A Couple Of Odds And Ends

Hi gang,

Just a quick post now and some more later. Got Whiskey Girl by Toby Keith playing in the background. How many white Jewish men do you know that like country. How many flip from country to rap to classical to new age to rap to classical to new age to rock and then back to country.

The answer is that there is at least one, but I suspect that there are a few others listening to their iTunes library on the party shuffle setting. Of course, I do have the redneck accent to go along with the country music, not to mention the boots and other accoutrements. Now there is a word that you probably don't associate with country music. Not that it matters.

Some of you have heard my audioblog and are wondering where the drawl is, well I am a city feller from Los Angeles. It is not a natural thing for me and I am not sure where I developed it, but I can tell you that during multiple trips to Texas and various places South of the Mason-Dixon line people have asked me where I am from and never once guessed LA, although Lousiana was suggested.

As a salesperson I literally speak with people in all 50 states as well as the rest of the world. Last week I spoke to Dublin, Johannesburg and Tel Aviv, not to mention hours of discussion with New York, San Francisco, Dallas, Alabama and other parts left off of this list.

Any time I am speaking to someone with a drawl my own mystery drawl appears. Don't know why, but it does.

Not to mention when I speak Hebrew I have a cross between a thick American accent and some kind of perverse impression of an Israeli accent. I am frequently mistaken for being Israeli, until I say more than a sentence in Hebrew.

On the topic of accents I remember a time spent in a pub in Jerusalem in January of 1995 in which some members of the fairer sex kept asking me to speak so that they could hear my American accent. It was a humorous experience and not one that I am used to, but fun for me.

Anyway, I have a couple of things to attend to and then I'll be back with the answers to Vince's questions.

No comments:

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...