Struck with A Stick- Books, Books, Books

This was an interesting challenge for me. I love to read and cannot remember a time in which I wasn't reading several books at once, but as always I am trying to keep my answers short and sweet. Or at least relatively brief.

If you don't like this go yell at Vince as she is responsible for this. But watch out for that Park Ranger guy, he is pretty crafty. ;)

You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be?
Aww heck, I am not sure how to take this question. Am I about to be tossed into the fire and burned or is it just a roundabout way of asking what book I want to be.

It is late and I am feeling feisty, I’ll be The Kama Sutra.

Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?
Not that I can recall, although I always thought that Dick's friend Jane was kind of cute.

The last book you bought is:

The Runes of the Earth (The Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, Book 1) by Stephen R. Donaldson

The last book you read:
London Bridges by James Patterson

What are you currently reading?

Jonathan Kellerman- The Conspiracy Club
Winston Churchill- Memoirs of The Second World War
Waiting in the wings are literally 25 other books, but here is a short list
Gettysburg- Stephen W. Sears
The Art of War- Sun Tzu
Coach Wooden One-on-One- Jay Carty, John Wooden
The Elder Gods (The Dreamers, Book 1)- David & Leigh Eddings
Straken (High Druid of Shannara, Book 3)- Terry Brooks

What Five books you would take to a deserted island:
Ok, I am going to continue to be a smartass and point out that many series are now contained in one book, or at least large chunks of them are. Without knowing how long I am going to be there I would bring the following:

The Talmud- There is so much material in there, it is a vast resource. One of the things that I appreciate about it is that there is already so much commentary within. I could read about various topics and then read what some of the finest minds had to say about the topic. Plenty of material and room to keep me entertained.

The Fellowship of the Rings- A classic that I read over and over and over again. So much to love and hold onto.

Robinson Crusoe- Always enjoyed it and it seems appropriate.

Up Country by Nelson Demille- I am a big Demille fan and really just enjoy the characters, especially the lead.

I am tempted to cop out and say that I’d bring the family photo album, but instead I’ll offer this.

The Catcher in the Rye

Who are you going to pass this stick to (3 persons) and why?

The following people receive the call for the simple reason that I am interested to see what they choose:

The Shmata Queen,
DovBear and
A Simple Jew.

No comments:

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...