The Posterous Problem

I have a secondary blog that I run on Posterous. I set it up about a year ago as a place that I would use on sort of an experimental basis and have found it to be quite useful. Along the way I decided to import the posts from Random Thoughts to it. I thought that it would be a good way for people who discovered me on Posterous to get a better feel for who I am and that it might also serve as a way to back up the main blog.

It would have worked out quite nicely but I didn't know that Posterous didn't have a mechanism in place for discerning which posts had already been imported. The system was designed to work as a primary blog not a secondary. It imports posts beautifully and with great efficiency. So my moment of genius actually created an issue because I have a Posterous blog that has multiple copies of my posts.

I did manage to keep the blog up to date but I also created a ton of duplicates. I felt a bit like the Sorcerer's Apprentice. So now I have this beautiful Posterous blog that requires a fair amount of maintenance and repair.

So the question I am asking myself this fine morning is whether it would be easier to simply start over or if I am going to take time to pick out the duplicate posts....one...by....one.

Posted via email from thejackb's posterous

No comments:

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...