Scarlett Johansson and Natalie Portman

I was reading an interview that Natalie Portman did with the Times Online and came across a few things that caught my eye.
"It’s hard to imagine that in 2002, she co-hosted a new-year party with Britney Spears. What on earth did the two have in common? “We both had the same first job. We both understudied for an off-Broadway musical called Ruthless. I never met her, but I took over from her when she left to join the Mickey Mouse Club. So we connected over that. She invited me to a few things and my guy friends at college said, ‘We have to go.’ I’m sad to see how everyone’s treating her now."
and
"And, of course, while Portman is famously Jewish, Johansson is a lesser-known Jew (because of her Scandinavian father, she’s called “the kosher Danish”)."
Ok, not that I care of make myself the arbiter of all that is hip, cool or interesting, but I have never heard her called The Kosher Danish. Not that any of this really out matters, but part of the joy of the blog is being able to document these random thoughts.

5 comments:

Chaviva Gordon-Bennett said...

I'm known as the Kosher Cornhusker. Someday that will make me famous.

Then again, it was actually coined on "The Big Bang Theory." But still ...

:)

orieyenta said...

Can I be known as the kosher eggroll? :)

SuperRaizy said...

"Not that any of this really out matters, but part of the joy of the blog is being able to document these random thoughts."
I don't think that you have to apologize for writing about pop culture figures- it's called "pop" culture because it's popular, most people like it and are interested in it. I know I am.

Jack Steiner said...

Chaviva,

The Kosher Cornhusker- Time to make some t-shirts.

Orie,

Hmmm...Maybe or maybe we'll open it up to suggestions. ;)

Raizy,

:)

Anonymous said...

what a excellent combination

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...