Music For A Saturday Night

"And I've been doing just fine
Gotta gotta be down
Because I want it all
It started out with a kiss
How did it end up like this?
It was only a kiss
It was only a kiss

Now I'm falling asleep
And she's calling a cab
While he's having a smoke
And she's taking a drag
Now they're going to bed
And my stomach is sick
And it's all in my head
But she's touching his chest now
He takes off her dress now
Let me go
I just can't look
It's killing me
And taking control

Jealousy
Turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis
But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
Cause I'm Mr. Brightside"
Mr. Brightside- The Killers
That is for those of you who complained/mentioned that I didn't include more modern music in this post.
Tonight I'll share some more music with you, some of it
modern and some of it less modern, but still timeless in my mind.
Hurt-Nine Inch Nails & David Bowie live
Hurt- Johnny Cash
Closer- Nine Inch Nails
Space Oddity- David Bowie
Saturday Night's Alright (For Fighting)- Elton John
Love will tear us apart- Joy Division
Dr. Feel Good- Motley Crue
Breathe- Prodigy
Joey- Concrete Blonde
What I have Done- Linkin Park
Remember When- Alan Jackson
I'll go on loving you-Alan Jackson
The River- Bruce Springsteen
Behind Blue Eyes- The Who
Undercover of the Night- The Rolling Stones
Still Loving You- Scorpions
Linger- The Cranberries

5 comments:

rabbi neil fleischmann said...

Thanks. I know (by name at least) only 4 of these. I appreciate the links.

Michael said...

'Love will tear us apart' by Joy Division just brought me a flashback of my college girlfriend.

You've got some good music listed there.

Jack Steiner said...

RNF,

YouTube has been a wonderful addition to tools that we can use to communicate.

Michael,

That Joy Division song takes me back a bit too.

cruisin-mom said...

What? NO FRANK? ;)

Jack Steiner said...

Nope, Frank is dead.

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...