A Survey For My Jewish Readers

I received a request to post a link to a survey.
More info on the survey:

The study looks at issues regarding Negiah (premarital touching) and Niddah / Taharat HaMishpachah (family purity). Niddah and Negiah play an important role in the every day lives of Jewish men and women. The collection of handbooks on this topic grows from year to year, yet we know very little about how Jewish couples, men, and women experience and observe Niddah and Negiah. Anecdotal evidence and our previous research have led us to conclude that many couples and individuals are experiencing difficulties with this aspect of the Halachah. We are inviting the Jewish community at large to participate in this important survey to shed light on these difficulties and explore some ways to address them. Given the intimate nature of these matters, this brief, online survey is totally anonymous, and no identifiable information is collected.

If you are interested in participating please click here.

2 comments:

Elie said...

I saw the survey a few weeks ago on another blog. I think it would be very interesting to see the results; hope they are published.

... Is the Window to Our Soul said...

It would be interesting to see the results. In my niave thinking, I had always thought that when a couple had to separate each month, that they either sleep in different rooms or in separate beds that are far from each other. I had no idea how lenient it really is. Many folks I know just barely separate their twin beds and I suppose that's enough to satify the requirement.

I'll never understand it.

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...