How To Deal With Anger

This post covers it nicely. Here is a short excerpt:

"The mishnah in Avot says there are four temperaments when it comes to anger. The implication is that no-one doesn't get angry. People pretend to be that way, but it is not so. Also, there is no-one who is angry constantly, although some people pretend to be that way too. You're either slow to anger and quick to calm down, or quick to anger and slow to calm down, or quick to anger and quick to calm down, or slow to anger and slow to calm down."

2 comments:

JP (mom) said...

Interesting idea. I read the original post by the Rabbi. I think sometimes, people vary on these 4 types of anger, depending on who or what they are dealing with. Some situations are slow pains that cause to anger to build and fester, and calming down is a slow process as well. Other times, a quick action will produce a quick response, a subsequently a quick calming down. Again, I think it is more about the situation than the person ... or maybe that is just my experience!

Jack Steiner said...

It is a subjective topic.

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...