Uninvited Blog Guests

One of the recurrent themes in blogging is dealing with uninvited guests. It is just one of those things that you have to deal with. There are a multitude of ways to deal with them. You can ignore them. You can block and ban them and or engage them.

The thing about blocking and banning a visitor is that there is almost always a way to get around it, especially if they have a modicum of technical expertise or access to those who do.

So the question is do you engage or ignore them.

Maybe there is more Taurus in me than I like to admit, but my instinct is to go after them. That is usually my first impulse. I want to surf on over and knock them on their cyberspace noggin once or twice and then for good measure give them a swift kick in the cyberpants.

However, I have found that this is much less effective and that the best way is to just ignore them. Pretend that they do not exist and more often than not they will leave you alone.

It is just one of those frustrations that comes along with the territory.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, on second thought, I totally agree with you.

Sometimes guests can be totally unwanted, and leave all sorts of annoying comments -- you just have to wonder under what rock these people came out from.

What's cool though, is that I can post from NYC and people still are dumb enough to think I really live in Jerusalem.

Nice Post.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Yeah. Speak about the devil.

Anyway, as they say, it is better to be pissed off than pissed on...

Cheers.

Anonymous said...

My advice is don't feed the trolls! Experience is a great teacher.

Jack Steiner said...

Mirty,

Me too.

Snooopy,

So they say.

Sea,

I wish that is all it was.

Rebecca,

Nope, not on this post.

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...