Norway's Most Successful Music Export

"Following their extensive UK tour last year, Norway's most successful music export of all time, a-ha, is back with three concerts in London, Guildford and Liverpool.

Morten Harket, Magne Furuholmen and Paul Waaktaar-Savoy's eighth studio album 'Analogue' released earlier this year, marked the 20th anniversary of their first appearance on the Billboard Hot 100 when they stormed the pop world with 'Take On Me'.

'Analogue' is described as 'an album that treads new ground and thereby undeniably represents a-ha, starting with the ‘Celice’, which is both cold and affectionate, up to the irresistibly catchy ‘Analogue’ and ‘Halfway Through The Tour’, up to the reflective, sensitive ‘Keeper Of The Flame’ as well as the band’s personal favourite ‘Cosy Prisons’. The first UK single off the album, the title track 'Analogue', reached the Top 10 in the single charts earlier this year."
And to think that I thought that they were a one hit wonder. How silly of me. Before you know it they'll be playing on Coventry in lower cleveland.

2 comments:

StepIma said...

woohooo!

While I won't go so far as to say they aren't a one-hit wonder, I will say that I was the VERY FIRST PERSON in my ENTIRE TOWN to buy their album on the day it came out (I was at the record store an hour before it opened, no less), and Take On Me is the ringtone on my cellphone.

But I haven't bought any of their other albums, and I can't imagine going to a concert even if they come here. I'm not a loser.

Jack Steiner said...

SI,

I won't tell if you don't. ;)

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...