The Evolution of a Kitchen

From somewhere in the middle of a construction zone we bring you the evolution of a kitchen.

Here is an example of a kitchen stuffed to the gills with stuff.

A different view of the kitchen.


And here is what it looks like after it has been emptied of all objects.


It has that sad "end of the school year all of the walls are bare now" look. In a relatively short time there will be new appliances, cabinetry, counters, paint, tile and more and Old Mother Hubbard's cuppboard will no longer be bare.

6 comments:

cruisin-mom said...

that's exciting. I'm not letting my husband see that picture...he'll offer to come help.

StepIma said...

wow - good luck on your renovations

I like your cow teakettle

Shlomo Leib Aronovitz said...

I have volunteered my home remodeling services enough to know that I'm better off not doing it again. I still have my own bathroom to rip out this summer, and several pieces of furniture to build.

Richmond said...

I can't wait to see how it all turns out!! :)

Jack Steiner said...

CM,

Help is always welcomed but not always used.

SI,

Thanks.

SL,

Sounds like fun.

Richmond,

Me too.

Anonymous said...

Um, wow. I thought changing my kitchen shelf paper was a big deal. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your evolving kitchen.

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...