Enter The Bad Boss Contest

Do you have a bad boss. If so you might be interested in this story.
'WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. labor movement is asking workers to move their complaints about their bosses from the water cooler to the Web.

Working America, the AFL-CIO union federation's affiliate for nonunion workers, invited workers throughout the country on Monday to share their best stories about their worst bosses in its "My Bad Boss Contest."

Top prize is a one-week vacation.

"It's an opportunity for people to get this off their chests and to see what's happening out there and to shine a spotlight on this," said Working America Executive Director Karen Nussbaum.

It's also an opportunity for the worker advocacy group, which has more than 1 million members, to pick up new members, since contestants must go to www.workingamerica.org to enter.

Standing by to weigh in with on-line comments about the worst-boss stories are author Barbara Ehrenreich, who chronicled the plight of the working poor in "Nickel and Dimed," comedian tuned liberal talk show host Al Franken and liberal commentator Jim Hightower.

Voting for the best worst-boss stories will be done by Web readers over the next six weeks. Each week's top vote-getter will be eligible to compete for the grand prize, a seven-night vacation getaway and $1000 for a round trip air fare, to be announced by August 16."


Click here for the full story.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I worked in Information Technology for 30 years. During that time I held seven technical job and three supervisory positions. My manager's background was 12yrs as an elementary school teacher, a facilitator, supervisor of a help desk, and manager. He demoted four people that had 27-30 yrs of service putting one on night shift work after he had a heart attack which forced him to leave the company. The director said to me,"If you tell anyone how you were domoted I will kick your ass." I was demoted because I couldn't do what couldn't be done. The HR manager sat next to me when the director said that and she didn't say anything. The director said,"if you take early retirement it may be better on taxes." Later a upper level manager said to me when I gave my opinion in writing," What the fuck is this?, did I ever fuck you over. My manager sat there next to me and didn't say anything. I took a buy out in my 39th year of service. t

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...