You Are Such a Man!

"You Are Such a Man!"

Not quite sure how I am supposed to take this. A woman made this remark about me. She was muttering under her breath when she said it, but I still heard it.

It followed a response I made to a question she asked me.

It made me think of an old joke.
"A passenger plane on a cross-country trip runs into a terrible storm.
The plane gets pounded by rain, hail, wind and lightning.

The passengers are screaming. They are sure the plane is going to crash and that they are all going to die.

At the height of the storm, a young woman jumps up and exclaims, "I can't take this anymore! I can't just sit here and die like an animal, strapped into a chair. If I am going to die, let me at least die feeling like a woman. Is there anyone here man enough to make me feel like woman?"

She sees a hand raise in the back, and a muscular man starts to walk up to her seat. As he aproaches her, he takes off his shirt.
She can see the man's muscles even in the poor lighting of the plane. He stands in front of her, shirt in hand and says to her, "I can make you feel like a woman before you die. Are you interested?"

Eagerly, she shakes her head, Yes!

As the man hands her his shirt, he says, "Here. Iron this."

7 comments:

MUST Gum Addict said...

Well, I don't know if this will help any, but a few weeks ago, I was in a rush in the morning and sat down for a quick breakfast with the kids before we all went off to school, work, etc.

I was eating really fast and taking big bites and my youngest daughter (3 years old) exclaimed "you eat like a man!"

Anonymous said...

Why is it that "You're such a man" is an insult, but "You're such a mensch" is a compliment? They mean the same thing. Maybe "mensch" is the ideal of "man."

Ray Bridges said...

Context, Context, Context.

What it is you ain't tellin' us.

My masculinity is not determined by casual observations of strangers in public. They're usually faked out anyway until an occasion arises where I place my needs in front of theirs.

I think you've got that figured out as well.

Richmond said...

And the funny thing for me is that my hubby brought me a shirt to iron as I read this post...

How "ironic" is that?

Jack Steiner said...

MGA,

Works for me.

Mirty,

I don't know.

Houston,

You're the only one thus far to ask about the context of the conversation.

Richmond,

I have a few shirts that need ironing. As long as you are already in the process of doing so, maybe I should send some over.

Jerusalemcop said...

so what was teh context Jack?

J.

Jack Steiner said...

That is classified.

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...