Computer Nightmare

I am working off of my laptop right now. It is not how I typically work as I prefer to use my desktop, but something has happened to it. I am not sure what it is and am attempting to diagnose it.

What I know for certain is that it is not working. It is only through a lot of scrambling and crap that I got this thing up and running. Funny how important a bunch of keys and wires have become to me.

All I know is that this is going to cost me money. I can feel it. I am praying that my hard drive didn't decide to commit suicide today.

7 comments:

Pragmatician said...

Not only to you, keys and wires malfunctioning is probably the highest cause for severe acute depression!

I can't stress enough how important back ups are, if you have important files and documents on a hard drive, buy a memory stick for $30 and copy them on it! Backuping has never been as easy!

Dreams from a Parallel Life said...

Good luck and hope it's only some softwrae problem and it won't cost you anything to fix.
I learned the hard way to keep an image of my dard disk - but have no solution for the disaster hardware problems. Luckily they've been few and far between.

Regina said...

I hope Shola didn't send a little bug through! Maybe he's on to you...;)

MUST Gum Addict said...

If it *IS* Mac OS X, I'd be more than happy to help.

Then again, if it was Mac OS, it wouldn't be broken...

(ducking and running for cover)

cruisin-mom said...

Jack: we have constant nightmares here...thank goodness my husband can fix things, but that usually means 5 hours out of his day, gone to computer hell. I commiserate.

Anonymous said...

"What I know for certain is that it is not working."

Let me guess, 'windows'?

Jack Steiner said...

Hi Prag,

Sage advice.

Rich,

Working on making sure that I never get stuck.

RCJ,

Shola's revenge. Arr!

GT,

Thanks for the offer, Ill let you know.

Mirty,

:)

MGA,

Ok Apple Guru.

Zeruel,

Windoze is right.

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...