'X3' - I am looking forward to Seeing This

I have always been a fan of the X-Men. The movies have been very cool. Kelsey Grammer looks a bit different then he did as Frazier.

Here is a brief excerpt from a USAToday article.

"X-Men 3 hits the big screen next year with our heroes facing their toughest challenge yet: a fan base anxious about how the franchise will fare with a new director at the helm.

Ever since Bryan Singer bolted from the series to direct next year's Superman Returns, devotees have wondered whether the band of superhero misfits could return with a film to match the caliber of the first two, which took in more than $702 million worldwide.

Star Hugh Jackman isn't worried.

"I wouldn't have come back if I thought we weren't going to do the series justice," says Jackman, who plays the popular mutant Wolverine. "I think X-Men— and Bryan — led the rebirth of comic book movies. We weren't going to treat a third one lightly."

Brett Ratner directs X-Men 3, which gets its first look here and opens May 26. Ratner is best known for comedy, including the two Rush Hour films, and studio executives concede that a regime change gave them pause.

"I don't care what director we would have brought in; there would have been concern," says Avi Arad, head of Marvel Studios. "We had to make sure we were coming back with something serious, something new, that would improve the series. I think we did."

The encore will feature new characters, including the blue-haired strongman Beast, played by Kelsey Grammer, and Angel, a winged mutant played by Ben Foster (Six Feet Under). The plot centers on a cure discovered for our heroes' mutations, and their dilemma in choosing whether to remain individuals or blend into mainstream society."

3 comments:

-Ann said...

I'm very much looking forward to that one. I hope it comes out the same weekend here as it does in the States.

I have this weird thing about Wolverine. Hugh Jackman is not at all hot to me. Wolverine...geez...I would be severely tempted. I don't know if it's the hair or the attitude or the adamantine claws.

PsychoToddler said...

Mrs. Balabusta is a big fan of Superhero movies. that's how I got her hooked on the PS2--we're playing the XMen game together.

Jack Steiner said...

Hi Ann,

Wolverine is my favorite character, always has been.

PT,

That was a smart move. I may have to try it out here and see if it works.

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...