A Grave Mistake

A candidate for the Darwin awards.

"Inebriated Belgian woman dies in cemetery accident

BRUSSELS (Reuters) - An inebriated Belgian woman died in a freak accident when she ended up beneath a heavy grave stone at a cemetery, local news agency Belga said on Wednesday.

The 33-year-old was on her way home from a bar in the Belgian town of Pulle in the early hours of Saturday when she took a short cut through the cemetery.

But she urgently needed to relieve herself and crouched down between two gravestones. As she lost her balance, she grabbed one of the stones which gave way and landed on top of her.

The public prosecutor's office said she died of suffocation as she was unable to lift the heavy stone."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Belgian beer is heaven. Makes you forget all your problems. There are worse way to go than a beer buzz. I'll make a stop at that place Pulle and take a few beers there. One for you and one for me. And that ten times ;)

It's awesome. Those places are like they're stuck in the middle-ages. Those town folk speak only something Flemish/French which i fortunately do ;)

There is nothing beyond taking a drink amidst ancient cathedrals and ghost towns. Sometimes i rise up, disappearing into the black night.

Jack Steiner said...

I can see you doing that. If memory serves you are large enough to move almsot any stone that falls on you. ;)

Anonymous said...

Ok. I fueled car and are on my way to ghost town. I see y'all later if the night din't swallow me.

Anonymous said...

"If memory serves you are large enough to move almsot any stone that falls on you. ;)"

Correct. Im like the ancient vampire locked in the cathedral brought back to life to haunt the towns(and drink beer). These old european towns are heaven for goths. Only old folk live there as all young people left the towns, escaping unemployment.

I once was in some ancient french town that had only two inhabitants. Both were nuts from being isolated so long. But the beer brought them back to life.

Bet you dont see that in downtown LA bro ;)

Jack Steiner said...

Z,

I see a lot of things out here that might surprise you. We attract all types.

Seriously, are you tall and thin like so many Dutch people I know?

Anonymous said...

"Seriously, are you tall and thin like so many Dutch people I know?"

No, the more id rink the more i shrink. (but widen in width.)

Jack Steiner said...

Sorry, I didn't follow.

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...