FCC To Cancel Desperate Housewives

In a stunning and unprecedented move the FCC has used the exception clause which states that when necessary the FCC may take exception to the programming on the public airwaves and unilaterally remove the offensive program.

Ok, how many of you believed that first paragraph. It sounds real, doesn't it. I have a very real concern that we are currently facing a time in which some people think that it is there place to legislate morality and I am quite concerned by that.

I think that it is reasonable to pay attention to the morality of society in general meaning that it is smart to keep an ear to the ground about what people are doing and thinking but that doesn't mean that I believe that the government should be heavily involved beyond a basic level.

I am especially concerned because we have so many issues that to me are far more pressing, healthcare, education and the war all take precedent and should be given priority over some of the other areas that the Feds are looking at.

Just my 2 cents.

Tags: ,,

1 comment:

Lil Bit said...

I've never seen the show actually, but give me a frikkin' break!

If ya don't want to watch it, pick up the remote!!!

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...