People Have Short Memories

It is a fact of life that people have short memories. In particular I am referring to the various tragedies we have seen, the Tsunami, 911, the Oklahoma City bombing, Columbine etc.

I should clarify that for those who lost a loved one or were impacted more directly it probably does not apply with the same strength, but even there I expect we can find it.

And by it I mean that as time goes by the memory fades and most people pay less attention to what is going on in these places. They send less money to charitable organizations that were established to help the recovery slow down and sometimes even peter out.

I suppose that some of this can be attributed to our coping skills, how we deal with things and move on.

Just some thoughts to consider.

No comments:

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...