The UN is a problem and it is getting worse

Special thanks go out to Crossing the Rubicon for bringing this story to our attention.

"OTTAWA - The United Nations agency that provides assistance and food aid to Palestinian refugees admits it has hired members of the terrorist group Hamas to help in its efforts.

Peter Hansen, commissioner-general of the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for palestinian refugees (UNRWA), told the CBC he believes it likely that Hamas members receive paycheques from his organization.
"Oh I am sure that there are Hamas members on the UNRWA payroll and I don't see that as a crime. Hamas as a political organization does not mean that every member is a militant and we do not do political vetting and exclude people from one persuasion as against another," Mr. Hansen said.

"We demand of our staff, whatever their political persuasion is, that they behave in accordance with UN standards and norms for neutrality."

What boggles my mind is that Hansen even tries to pass this off as being ok. Hamas is not only recognized as a terrorist organization, but their charter calls for the destruction of the state of Israel. How can you hire someone like that.

Would the NAACP use a member of the klan in any way, shape or form.

3 comments:

Jack Steiner said...

I am Pro-Israel. I haven't been back in about 6 years, but I am making plans to go ASAP. Did you go with a group or by yourself?

Hokule'a Kealoha said...

right on.. We need to get out of the UN. Kerry wants to wait for them to tell us how to run our country sheesh!

bits and pieces said...

I just posted the same on my blog except I got it from Honest Reporting. And the US is part of the UN? Totally screwed up. Who supporting terrorism now? Those who are supposed to be against it. It just really sucks.

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...