Blair Makes Partial Iraq Apology to Win Back Party

"The evidence about Saddam having actual biological and chemical weapons ... has turned out to be wrong," Blair told Labour's annual conference, his nearest yet to a "mea culpa."
"The problem is I can apologize for the information that turned out to be wrong but I can't, sincerely at least, apologize for removing Saddam," he said. "The world is a better place with Saddam in prison not in power."

Now who was it that suggested that Bush do something similar. Hmm....

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I do not read it as an apology. I read it as a lame justification for war.

Stacey said...

Tony Blair continues to be a class act. He did and said the exact right thing. The intelligence was wrong but the tyrant is out of office. And no amount of spin will ever make me think that this is a bad thing.

Jack Steiner said...

I have to agree. Is there anyone who can truly claim that the world was a better place with Saddam in charge.

The biggest issue is the question of the intelligence snafu and how to fix that so that it does not happen again.

Unknown said...

intelligence snafu? or a lie!

Jack Steiner said...

Here is something that doesn't make sense to me. Have you considered that on September 12, 2001 we could have declared war and invaded Iraq and that no one would have questioned it.

For that matter we could have turned large parts of the world into a parking lot and there would have been very few questions.

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...