Sesame Street 35th Anniversary show

This evening my son and I watched it together. It brought back such memories, Mr. Hooper, Bob, Luis, Maria, Snuffy and the kid who played Jon Jon. It was a lot of fun to watch.

I hate to admit that I have a soft spot, but they played a clip of the episode in which Big Bird discusses Mr. Hooper's death and I got a little choked up.

It was a lot of fun to watch it and a little strange to look at these characters that I grew up with in clips as the young people I remember and then now. I guess that when I was watching they were probably younger than I am now.

My son had a hard time believing that I knew so many things about the show. I guess that he thinks that I am really old now. Oh well, 35 is better than being 36. ;) Actually I am not bothered much by age, although I have to admit knowing that 40 is just around the corner is a little surreal. But since I am going to live to be 130 I have a long way to go.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Mr. Hooper died? How sad. And who on earth was Jon Jon? I know that Gordon died last year. I liked him.

Anonymous said...

jonjon was the first African-American boy on sesame street. HGis father was an entertainer and its been so long ago I forgot who but I dated his mother after his parents' divorce briefly. My own daughter at the age of five use to watch that show in its beginnings.I am 70 and my daughter is 51 so that was quite a long time ago.

Jack Steiner said...

anonymous- thanks for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

Go ahead, speak your mind.

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...