Ring A Ding Ding

If you could read my mind you might wonder why it is so damn empty inside and I'd tell you it is because you are in the anteroom and it is intentionally stark and sterile because only a few are allowed entrance into the backroom.

Really, I don't have a need for validation from most or even some. It is just not how things work for me now,  maybe once upon a time things were different but those days are in the past.

And now here today in the present I straddle two worlds and work towards moving to just one. That is because the short term plan requires both but the long term one, well that requires just one.

One place, one moment in time, one life.

Sounds kind of goofy, but it makes sense to me and that is really all that is necessary. Just setting the table for the next stage, just preparing a foundation so that one day I can retire and live the 87nd version of my life.

“Babe, baby, baby, I wanna leave you
I ain’t jokin’ woman – I’ve got to ramble
Oh, yeah, baby, baby, I will be there
I’ve really got to ramble
I can hear it callin’ me the way it used to do
I can hear it callin’ me back home”

My thoughts are back in Israel and I am remembering how it all started in Ojai.

I couldn't see then what I see now nor did I have any clue what life would be like now but that is ok. I have lived a life, lived more than a few adventures and with a bit of luck will live many more.

That is how it goes, even if you were once the six million dollar man.

No comments:

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...