Death smiled at me and I opened my arms and walked forward to embrace him. I was prepared to feel bony arms encircle me and waiting to feel the cold I was certain radiated from him.
I stared at eyeless sockets and moved forward, uncertain about what would happen or what I would do.
The screams of loved ones echoed in my ears but I ignored their pleas to wait because I was done waiting.
My inner clock had stopped ticking and the incessant buzzing of the alarm pushed me to keep going forward.
I was ready to pay the price for the knowledge I sought and if necessary willing to fight for it.
Across the field I marched watching and waiting to see if his expression or demeanor would change. Don't know what I expected from an old bag of bones but nothing happened.
Midway through the march my legs grew heavy and it felt like I was walking through waist deep mud.
A flash of light flew through the sky followed by a tremendous boom and I was knocked off of my feet.
It took a moment to clear my head and realize I was lying on back but I didn't open my eyes.
Instead I saw through my ears and hands.
More later, maybe.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'." — Groucho Marx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Not Dead Yet
Been a whole slew of crazy things that have happened since I last updated this joint. It is not an exaggeration to say I am not dead yet, c...
-
***Third Update- I encourage you to also check out : How Many Blogs Do You Read? A question for those who choose to answer. How did you com...
-
I find this story to be more than a little troubling. Is anyone paying attention to the background of the candidates, or are they just letti...
-
I know that there are at least two people in the blogosphere besides myself that remember Richies Pizza in Jerusalem, Jameel and Trep . But...
No comments:
Post a Comment