You Should Know

"Come let me love you,
let me give my life to you
let me drown in your laughter,
let me die in your arms
let me lay down beside you,
let me always be with you
come let me love you,
come love me again."
Annie's Song- John Denver

I don't have to tell you these things because you know them. I don't have to tell you these things for any other reason than you should know. You should hear out loud what your heart has forgotten and what time and circumstance have interrupted.

Yes, interrupted because you know as I do I that some things cannot be broken. Things may happen and events may suggest otherwise but the heart knows what the head refuses to accept. Logic and reason are not applicable here in the traditional sense of the words.


And to try to apply them is folly. To suggest that fate relies upon fact is indeed the biggest science fiction of them all.

There are moments and memories of moments that we cannot ignore. You should know that you are not the only one to fight these battles or feel these frustrations.

And if you would let yourself be freed from the shackles that you have affixed around your head and heart you would open your eyes and see mine staring back at yours. If you would take my hand and trust your heart we would do what we have always known we could.

It doesn't have to be a Whiskey Lullaby. The middle and the end of this story remain unwritten.


Your cheeks flushed with the night
We walked on frosted fields
Of juniper and lamplight
I held your hand
 And when I awoke
And felt you warm and near
I kissed your honey hair
With my grateful tears
Oh I love you, girl
Oh I love you”
 
For Emily Whenever I May Find Her- Simon and Garfunkel

No comments:

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...