The Chicago Way

Old Jack was the recipient of bad news. Unexpected and unsought it found me unprepared and unhappy to hear it. But that is how it goes with bad news. It doesn't come at you when you are ready and waiting for it. It ambushes you, comes at you in a sneak attack.

But someone forgot to tell it that 2010 is the Year of Jack. Someone forgot to tell it that the Jewish New Year has just rolled around and it is 5771. Someone forgot to tell that news that I am in Samuel Jackson mode and I am one bad motherfucker. Someone forgot to tell that news that half the city of Chicago is related to me and though I live in paradise I am well versed with The Chicago Way.

The Chicago Way is one of my favorite sections of The Untouchables.

Malone: You said you wanted to get Capone. Do you really wanna get him? You see what I'm saying is, what are you prepared to do?
Ness: Anything and everything in my power.
Malone: And *then* what are you prepared to do? If you open the can on these worms you must be prepared to go all the way because they're not gonna give up the fight until one of you is dead.
Ness: How do you do it then?
Malone: You wanna know how you do it? Here's how, they pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. That's the Chicago way, and that's how you get Capone! Now do you want to do that? Are you ready to do that?
Ness: I have sworn to capture this man with all legal powers at my disposal and I will do so.
Malone: Well, the Lord hates a coward. Do you know what a blood oath is, Mr. Ness?
Ness: Yes.
Malone: Good, 'cause you just took one.


Someone better let the bad news know that I am not smiling- not now, not at this. Better tell that bad news that the dark haired beauty and her big brother don't look up to me because I am taller. As Clint says, I finish things. That is what I do.

I am a goddamn Taurus and I haven't any problem in using my horns. Much prefer to be like Ferdinand and just relax but sometimes that is not an option. So now that I have given that bad news fair warning I am ready, but I am not waiting.

No need for Malone to ask my what I am prepared to do because a father does what he needs to do to look after his family. A father is part man, part hero and part beast. Which reminds me, sometimes a father needs to shower because the beastly smell sometimes overtakes essence de hero.

Which reminds me, I don't get that. You'd think that the hero smell would outrank the beast smell. Kind of makes me scratch my head and say inconceivable- but I digress.

So someone better tell that bad news to watch out. Someone better tell bad news to get on a bus or a plane. Or better yet tell bad news to meet me out by the woodshed, but only one of us is going to walk back on their own two legs.

Time to roll folks, back with an update later.

No comments:

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...