A Palin in My A**

When I think of this blog I invariably get an image of a trip that has taken me around the world and back again. We have trudged through snow, sailed over the oceans and hiked through mountain and desert terrain. The Dead were right, "What a Long Strange Trip It Has Been."

Through the course of the journey I have shared my thoughts on many topics and have done so without regard for whether it was the popular view. Sometimes I have opened my mouth and confirmed for someone my ignorance/brilliance, but that has never been a factor in determining what to write about.

I have a Palin in my ass. I know that is a bit disrespectful, but I like the way it sounds and as I am feeling grumpy, I don't care. The woman and her Kool-Aid drinkers are wearing on me the same way that the Obama crowd has. I am not going to rehash everything from the first post, if you want to know more read here. But I'll share a few more thoughts about what I find distasteful.

There is a list of books that supposedly Palin tried to ban. I haven't found proof that she went after the long list, but I have found a few places that suggest that she did try to ban some. To me that is a shameful thing, evidence of a very small mind. I have a huge issue with that.

She has a pregnant teenage daughter and a baby with special needs. Now is not the time to leave them. It is not a matter of financial need. In this situation I have no problem saying she should put her family first. Call me sexist, I don't care. Go get me a beer, iron my shirt and make my dinner.

The woman has no substantive economic or foreign policy experience. That is an issue. We are at war in two different countries and have major economic issues. My retirement dollars are getting their butts kicked. I am going to be 40. I don't have 40 years to wait for them to recover. Sorry, selfish me wants to retire before I become an invalid.

And listening to the crowing of her supporters is just irritating. She is not the first or second coming. I am not lighting a cigarette. I didn't accept it with Obama and I don't here.

It is bad enough to have had to listen to the shrieks and finger pointing of both sides the last eight years, but this is too much. I have had enough!

All I want is to feel good about a candidate and their running mate. I know the feeling because I have had it in the past, but not this time and not the last time around. Excuse me, I think that my skull just exploded, I need some ice.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jack, I know I'm one of the chief kool aid drinkers when it comes to Palin. Someone who I have got very excited about, but just something I think is worth mentioning. That list (and others like it) have been debunked. There is a LOT of BS out there, just be careful before something you read makes you angry, many of these things are not true.

Jack Steiner said...

Chaim,

The entire list wasn't debunked, that is the problem.

I recognize that there is a lot of BS out there. There are some things that I like about her.

But the stuff that bothers me, really bothers me. I am an Independent, I don't normally agree with Ben Stein.

Anonymous said...

Well, it IS true that she is under investigation for firing the man who wouldn't fire her ex-BIL. And it is true that she tried to fire a librarian who said that she wouldn't remove books.

McCain bought the farm with his pick of her. The Conservatives would have voted for him anyway...and the swing voters -- LIKE INDEPENDENT JEWISH WOMEN voters like ME -- who were leaning towards voting for him will NEVER vote for him now.

And I don't care how sexist this sounds. I am an educated, working, affluent, non-frum woman....but I am a MOTHER first. And as a mother, I was SICKENED and DISGUSTED to watch her give her speech and see that 4-month old baby in the audience and knowing he has Down Syndrome, special needs and mother who will barely see him and who went back to work (by her own admission) within days of her birth. Yeah, HER priorities are straight.

McCain is old and if he drops dead, there is NO WAY I would ever want her being my president. She can stay in Alaska.

Obama has (by default) got my vote.

-Stacey of the Shmata

Anonymous said...

P.S. Excuse the typos. The baby is a he.

This woman is gonna sink McCain. And you can quote me on that.

Anonymous said...

I think you should read this

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/sliming_palin.html

Jack Steiner said...

Anon,

I did read that and it didn't contradict my positions.

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...