Friday Afternoon Music Mix and Thoughts

Been a busy afternoon, far too much going on to spend any time blogging. Can you imagine that, work getting in the way of blogging. Got to straighten out my priorities. ;)

So I have been trying to add to the latest Fragments of Fiction. I have a title called Promises Made, Promises Broken that I think I might use. The old iTunes shuffle gave me an idea that I think I might use, courtesy of The Offspring's song Gone Away. Here are the lyrics:
"Maybe in another life
I could find you there
Pulled away before your time
I can’t deal it’s so unfair

And it feels
And it feels like
Heaven’s so far away
And it feels
Yeah it feels like
The world has grown cold
Now that you’ve gone away

Leaving flowers on your grave
Show that I still care
But black roses and hail mary’s
Can’t bring back what’s taken from me
I reach to the sky
And call out your name
And if I could trade
I would

And it feels
And it feels like
Heaven’s so far away
And it stings
Yeah it stings now
The world is so cold
Now that you’ve gone away."
Perhaps I'll share some more thoughts about that later. For now here is a quick list of some of what played on my iTunes this afternoon.

Annie´s Song- John Denver
You´ll never find Another love like mine-Lou Rawls
We're All Alone- Rita Coolidge
I Can't Say Goodbye To You- Helen Reddy
The Most Beautiful Girl- Charlie Rich
"Picture"-Kid Rock Featuring Sheryl Crow
Junebug- The B52s
Summertime - Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong

1 comment:

Right Truth said...

We have similar likes in music.

I'm having withdrawal from lack of live band performances. Hubby left the band he has been playing with (a hobby), but is in the process of forming a new one. I can't wait.

Debbie Hamilton
Right Truth

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...