My Treo Was Eaten By An Elevator

This is one of those posts that make me shake my head and wonder why I got out of bed. I’d like to be able to say that this is just another attempt at trying to come up with something funny, but the truth is that my Treo met a hungry elevator.

The attack was conducted with lightning speed. Really, it is just a blur. One moment it was in hand and the next it was on the floor where it slid into the gaping maw of that horrible creature.

Maybe if I would have had two good hands things would have been different. I tried to save my poor little Treo. I kicked the battery out of the way and grabbed the main unit. And then I watched, helplessly as the back of my Treo was swallowed by that beast.

One moment it was there and then suddenly it disappeared into the shaft. Poor little Treo. Maybe it is time for a Blackberry.

7 comments:

The Babka Nosher said...

My heart breaks for you. Is it appropriate to Kaddish for an electronic member of your family?

Sarah Likes Green said...

oy poor treo

Jack Steiner said...

Is it appropriate to Kaddish for an electronic member of your family?

You're welcome to make a virtual shiva call- we like cookies. ;)

Sarah,

uh huh.

orieyenta said...

Sounds like a good excuse to buy an iPhone. ;)

Janet said...

When is the memorial service?

Anonymous said...

I think you're fortunate. Those handhelds are addictive and bad for human beings.

Jack Steiner said...

Sounds like a good excuse to buy an iPhone. ;)

If only they used Verizon.

Janet,

You just missed it.

Miriam,

Consider me addicted.

Almost 20 years

Next week marks the 20th anniversary of the launch of this spot. Hard to believe, not many have kept going since then. I have barely kept up...