Email Aggravates Me

I have a love/hate relationship with email. I love knowing that I can reach out and click someone. I am still amazed that in a matter of seconds I can contact someone on the other side of the world and receive a response. Instant gratification. It is pretty cool.

However, it is also pretty aggravating. Instant gratification has wreaked havoc upon my ability to be patient. If I don't hear back from someone with a reasonable amount of time I start to wonder if they received my email.

Maybe it was caught in their spam filter. Maybe my ISP went down and it wasn't delivered. Or maybe I sent it to the wrong address. Often times it is none of those things. Email has become so prevalent a lot of people take their time to respond. The rules of the blog dictate honesty so here is my reaction to that, it aggravates me.

Last night I received a response from an email I had sent out three weeks ago. The person who sent it hasn't been out of town. They weren't trapped beneath a heavy object or held captive. I know because they have sent out emails to a group that I am included on. All it would have taken to mollify me would have been a short response saying that they were busy and would get back to me.

But if that is the worst thing that happens to me I suppose that I can consider myself quite lucky.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, is Stacey ignoring you?

Jack Steiner said...

No Max. She just called me to ask who posted that last comment. :)

Anonymous said...

Have your friend watch this most excellent video.

Anonymous said...

Some people actually live in the dark ages, they don't check their email but once a week. I know people like that. What's the point of instant email? I could write them a snail mail letter instead. Or call them on the phone.

Jack Steiner said...

JF,

Thanks.

Debbie,

Quite a few seem to prefer to be there than here in the light. ;)

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...