Wear Were You

Last week I reintroduced myself to an old friend. It is probably close to 15 years or so since I last saw this guy. Can't say that I recall how we lost touch or why. I just know that we did.

During the last few decades or so there have been a handful of times when we ran into each other. And each time was punctuated by a moment in which I thought that maybe we would restore our relationship. You know, we'd get a chance at renewing the bond, but it never quite happened.

After a while I must have just given up. Time passes and we forget how things used to be. The passion isn't quite so strong and memories fade. But there is such a thing as redemption.

I know. I have seen it happen before. Can't say that I thought about it happening to me, but I am glad that it did. I followed an impulse and chased Alice into the rabbit hole. One thing led to another and I find myself sharing this time not just with you, but with the dear old friend I mentioned above.

Want to see what he looks like? I have a photo. It is not perfect, but it will give you the general idea.

Click here.

6 comments:

Mark said...

Nice you're wearing pants again, Jack.

LOL

Seriously, though, those are the only jeans I'll wear.

AS said...

And here I thought you might nail me with some horrifying pic. I know a good friend that might go well with your old friend...

JJ said...

Heh heh.

My husband likes those jeans, too.

Jack Steiner said...

Nice you're wearing pants again, Jack.

Tired of the kilt. What can I say.

JB,

A shidduch. Time for a drink. To life, to life....

RR,

Your husband is clearly a man of good taste.

Janet said...

ooooh I love old friends like this :-)

Jack Steiner said...

Janet,

Me too. :)

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...