Miss America- More Than A Pretty Face

WAYNESBURG, KY. — Miss America 1944 has a talent that probably has never appeared on a beauty pageant stage: She fired a handgun to shoot out a vehicle's tires and stop an intruder.

Venus Ramey, 82, confronted a man on her farm in south-central Kentucky last week after she saw her dog run into a storage building where thieves had previously made off with old farm equipment.

Ramey said the man told her he would leave. "I said, 'Oh, no you won't,' and I shot their tires so they couldn't leave," Ramey said.

She had to balance on her walker as she pulled out a snub-nosed .38-caliber handgun.
For the full story please click here.

8 comments:

marallyn ben moshe said...

woohu...that took a lot of guts...but then what did she think would happen once they were stuck at her place...i know she wasn't going to invite them in for cookies and milk...vey

have popcorn will lurk said...

You Go Girl!

marallyn - OTOH they didn't know how many more bullets she had!

Annie said...

Old ladies are amazing.

The Babka Nosher said...

I'm surprised the kickback from the .38 didn't knock her off her feet!

Jack Steiner said...

MBM,

Guts is a good description.

Chana,

At her age does she still qualify as a girl.

Annie,

Yes they are.

Babka,

She is a tough broad.

Annie said...

A .38 is a fairly small gun, it doesn't have too much kickback.

have popcorn will lurk said...

Jack,

If she were pointing a .38 at me, I would call her anything to make her happy!

Jack Steiner said...

Annie,

That is true.

Chana,

I hear you.

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...