The 100 top TV catchphrases? D'oh!

TV Land has compiled a list of the 100 greatest catchphrases in TV. Here is part of the list:

- "Aaay" (Fonzie, "Happy Days")

- "And that's the way it is" (Walter Cronkite, "CBS Evening News")

- "Baby, you're the greatest" (Jackie Gleason as Ralph Kramden, "The Honeymooners")

- "Bam!" (Emeril Lagasse, "Emeril Live")

- "Book 'em, Danno" (Steve McGarrett, "Hawaii Five-O")

- "Come on down!" (Johnny Olson, "The Price is Right")

- "Danger, Will Robinson" (Robot, "Lost in Space")

- "De plane! De plane!" (Tattoo, "Fantasy Island")

- "Do you believe in miracles?" (Al Michaels, 1980 Winter Olympics)

- "D'oh!" (Homer Simpson, "The Simpsons")

- "Don't make me angry ..." (David Banner, "The Incredible Hulk")

- "Dyn-o-mite" (J.J., "Good Times")

- "Elizabeth, I'm coming!" (Fred Sanford, "Sanford and Son")

- "Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ..." (Eddie Haskell, "Leave it to Beaver")

- "The thrill of victory, the agony of defeat" (Jim McKay, "ABC's Wide World of Sports")

- "The tribe has spoken" (Jeff Probst, "Survivor")

- "Would you believe?" (Maxwell Smart, "Get Smart")

10 comments:

Ezzie said...

Not a bad list, overall. I recognize almost all of them... and have probably used about half.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, they put Emeril on the list. How obnoxious. I guess it's better than immortalizing Rachael Ray's "EVOO," though.

Michael said...

cool.


Take Care
Michael

Jack Steiner said...

Ezzie,

It seemed reasonable to me. Should I be concerned that I recognized most of them.

Alison,

He is pretty bad. Although I have to say that I very much enjoyed eating at his restaurant in Vegas.

Michael,

:)

Anonymous said...

recognize these, very cute, what about "here's whats happening in your neck of the woods" Al roker on the today show. cant get that out of my head!

Soccer Dad said...

Missed "He's dead Jim." - Star Trek.

"Fire at will" Star Trek the next generation. Unfortunately they never shot Riker. (OK that wasn't a serious entry.)

"Make it so" TNG again.

Sarah Likes Green said...

it's funny when you realise how many have creeped in to daily speech.

have popcorn will lurk said...

"It's just a flesh wound!"

"Not that there's anything wrong with that..."

"Where's the beef?"

"You sank my battleship!"

"There was shrinkage!"

Jack Steiner said...

Chaverah,

Al Roker is a quite a guy.

SD,

You are absolutely right.

Sarah,

Quite true.

Chana,

Got to love Seinfeld.

have popcorn will lurk said...

"That's the ticket!"

"Isn't that special?"

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...