Belly dancing forbidden even in full dress

Just got the news from Jameel. Fortunately my rav takes a different POV.
A young religious girl recently posted a question on the Moriah bible study Internet site: "Does Jewish law permit belly dancing in full dress in front of a female audience to the sound of Arab music?"

Rabbi Moshe Amie, a religious Zionist rabbi, was forced to disappoint the young woman.

What is common today and what used to be prevalent in Jewish communities overseas is very different, said the rabbi.

"Although it was common to listen to Arab music in eastern communities, it was the typical music of the time," he said.
Click here to read the whole story.

1 comment:

PsychoToddler said...

We had a belly dancer at my sisters bat mitzvah.

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...