An Inspriational Father

Ezzie tipped me off to this story. Here is a clip of the story and a video to go with it. Wow.
Eighty-five times he's pushed his disabled son, Rick, 26.2 miles in marathons. Eight times he's not only pushed him 26.2 miles in a wheelchair but also towed him 2.4 miles in a dinghy while swimming and pedaled him 112 miles in a seat on the handlebars--all in the same day.

Dick's also pulled him cross-country skiing, taken him on his back mountain climbing and once hauled him across the U.S. on a bike. Makes taking your son bowling look a little lame, right?

And what has Rick done for his father? Not much--except save his life.'


4 comments:

Tamara said...

Don't laugh, but I saw him on Oprah, with his incredible son.

Jack Steiner said...

They sound like quite a pair.

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

Was the video removed? I can't find it anymore...

Jack Steiner said...

Jameel,

Apparently it was taken down, but I don't know why.

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...