Watching From a Distance

It is not easy to watch the events in Israel unfold from a distance. It may seem strange or sound silly to some people, but I find it very troubling. There are friends and family to be worried about and all of the other usual concerns.

So I go through my little checklist of things that I do to make myself feel better and find that they ring a little hollow. Sure I have my own troubles and challenges but I am not worried about bombs or missiles being dropped on my head.

And it all comes back to a desire to get on a plane and go to help. You know this is one of those times in which reality really smacks you in the face. There is so much more to say and suddenly the words just won't roll off the keyboard.

Let me try and sum it up here. I truly don't wish ill on the innocent and I feel badly for those who are going to pay a terrible price for things someone else did, but I don't see too many options.

Nasrallah and company need to be eliminated and their names erased from memory. G-d speed to our soldiers and those that protect our safety.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

V'emru amen.

Sheyna said...

Agreed. I'm rarely at a loss for words, but those few words I can think of right now seem trite.

And then I feel guilty about focusing on my own worries. We may be experiencing dangerous heat and humidity locally, but as you pointed out, there's little fear of it being interrupted by missiles.

Richmond said...

I hear you and completely agree...

Jack Steiner said...

So now we continue to wait and see.

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...