Straight From My Head To The Keyboard

People are going crazy over this song. The Shack is receiving a ton of visitors to that little corner. A significant number of them have found this place intriguing enough to stick around.

Interestingly enough some of the visitors that spent the greatest amount of time tooling around here are from Kuwait, Malaysia, Indonesia and Syria.

A couple of years ago I had some heated arguments with a few folks about Mel Gibson. I didn't trust him and I still don't trust him. Enjoyed a number of his movies but the dude has a loose screw and if recent appearances are to be believed doesn't really like my people all that much.

Spent time surfing the radio. Listened to Tom Leykiss, Al Rantel, Larry Elder and some Air America and found that there were plenty of people calling in to complain about Israel. In some respects it was a little disheartening. They tried to write off the Seattle shooter as a mentally ill wackjob and apologized for Hizbollah and Hamas.

That bothers me. To begin with I don't believe that most of these people would allow their next door neighbor to throw rocks at their house. And I don't believe that they would respond by shaking their fingers at them.

I don't like apologists for terror. There are many nonviolent forms that could be taken, but these two groups don't use those methods.

I play it safe when it comes to terror and that means that I assume that there are wackjobs out there who think that murder is a legitimate form of protest. You'll forgive me, but when someone tells me to turn the other cheek I assume that they are bending over so that I can put my size 12 boot on their cheeks.

This is part of why I appreciate the slogan below.

Here we are in the middle of the nine days. We are at war. On a more personal note life at the Shack has been exceptionally crazy. There are stories upon stories that could be shared and may one day, but I am not quite ready for that.

Today I received treatment for the tooth I broke. Loved the dentist, didn't like the bill and am not real fond of the monstrosity in my mouth.

I am still listening to the Batman Begins soundtrack. I love it. Beyond that this evening included the following tunes.
Hate Me
Blue October
Atomic Dog
George Clinton
The Adventure
Angels & Airwaves
Funny How Time Slips Away
Johnny Cash & Willie Nelson
Get On The Right Track
Ray Charles
Last Rose of Summer / Walking In the Air
Celtic Woman
Heroes
David Bowie
As Good As I Once Was
Toby Keith
867-5309 / Jenny
Tommy Tutone
Uptight (Everything's Alright)
Stevie Wonder

No comments:

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...