Coffee And My Crotch

Add this to the list of embarrassing things I have done in my life. A coffee stain on my crotch. Not a little one, but a big one. I won't bore you with how it got there, but I will acknowledge it.

I had hoped that it would have faded and gone away, but it didn't happen. Now I am stuck wearing a pair of pants that look like I am a walking Rorschach test. Great, that is just great.

If I was single I might approach women and ask them what it looked like to them. Ok, I am exaggerating, I wouldn't do that. In fact I have never done anything remotely like that, not now, not ever. And not even that one time at band camp either.

Can't go home. This begs the question of do I wear it proudly or just pretend that it is not there. Or should I walk down the street and try to purchase a new pair of pants. It is a dilemma, a stain on my morning.

Well, I suppose that it could be worse. I do have stories that are far more embarrassing, but I don't think that I'll be sharing any of them right now.

Excuse me, I have to go slink behind a desk.

7 comments:

dorothy rothschild said...

I would go buy the new pants. Seriously. Otherwise, it's gonna make you crazy.

Jewish Atheist said...

I agree with Dorothy.

Still, if the worst problem after spilling hot coffee on your crotch is a stain, you can count yourself lucky. :-)

Stacey said...

Or....you could just keep your hand on your crotch all day. Hee, hee.

kasamba said...

Ditto Stacey!
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

JJ said...

Let me just say...as a woman...asking women what the stain looks like? Not a good idea.

Keeping with the hand idea, how about a folder? A book?

Anonymous said...

There's something about coffee and gravity today...

As I was getting ready to clean out the coffeemaker, I spilled yesterday's coffee on the hallway floor outside the lab.

Once I'd succesfully made a pot of coffee, I spilled half a cup, again, on the hallway floor outside the lab.

And of course, all of this coffee spilling highlighted just how badly I needed my coffee. Better luck tomorrow, Jack. And it wouldn't hurt to keep a spare pair of pants in the car.

Jack Steiner said...

Leaf,

I used to carry a couple of razors in the car for just that purpose.

DR/JA,

I did. I ran down the street and picked up a new pair. Made life a lot less complicated.

Stacey/Kasamba,

Laugh it up ladies. Karma will see that you wear your next meal. ;)

RR,

So you think that women might not appreciate my asking them about my crotch. Darn, I was all set to tell my wife that I had good excuse. ;)

Judi,

Your story makes me feel better.

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...