How to Deal With Writer's Block

Here are a couple of tricks that I use to deal with writer's block.

1) Surf the net and post interesting stories. The trouble with this one is that I enjoy doing this anyhow. Or maybe that is a good thing, maybe that helps to make you think that the well never runs dry.

2) Respond to email scams and post transcripts of conversations. Again, the issue with this one is that I do this anyhow.

3) Produce a short roundup of links to posts that other bloggers have written. Hmm... I see value in this. It is not really a trick at all. Part of the reason I blog is for the dialogue and this is part of the interactivity of blogging.

4) Write stream of consciousness posts that ramble on about this and that. Ok, many of my posts ramble on. I suppose that there is no real difference.

5) Make fun of cleveland and other small midwestern towns.

6) Regurgitate old posts. Now the truth is that I have run some posts over and over again because I thought that they deserved more attention, not just because I couldn't think of anything new to write.

Ok, you got me. I don't really ever encounter any sort of blockage. I get stuck and have trouble being as concise and as eloquent as I would like to be, but for the most part the well never runs dry.

This ends post number 7,876.

Signed,

Mr. Prolific.

6 comments:

Baconeater said...

You can always plagiarize.

AbbaGav said...

Do you ever come down with a case of Blog Spew? It's a bit more exotic than writer's block, and not quite as feared, but a real bear to clean up nonetheless. Clever post (and I mean that in a good way, I like clever).

Jack Steiner said...

Bacon,

True, but it is not as much fun.

Gav,

Blog Spew- sounds tasty.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Prune juice used to do wonders. Now, when the prunes contain a lot of fertilizer, it may have the opposite effect.

They also say that drinking lots of water and walking a few km daily helps too. I think it's Granma's tales, though.

jac said...

gavriel
Yes, when you say spew, it reminds me of some thing now; it sure is yummy on a Thursday lunch time like now.

Jack
I have never tried the 'regurgitate'.
I must be trying that and I may get some breathing space too, to look at new blogs.
Thanks.

Jack Steiner said...

Snoopy,

A little prune juice does wonders. Just ask the folks at Sunmaid.

Jac,

:)

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...