The Top 100 Songs of 1987

I graduated high school in 1987. To some of you that is going to make me sound quite old and to others quite young. But I can guarantee that there are a bunch of you who will appreciate some of the music on this list, including Bruce Willis singing "Respect Yourself." Oy vey.

Top 100 Songs of 1987
Derived from Billboard's Hottest Hot 100 Hits
1. "Faith".....George Michael
2. "Alone".....Heart
3. "I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)" .....Whitney Houston
4. "C'est la Vie".....Robbie Nevil
5. "Shake You Down".....Gregory Abbott
6. "La Bamba".....Los Lobos
7. "Livin' On A Prayer".....Bon Jovi
8. "Here I Go Again".....Whitesnake
9. "Heaven Is A Place On Earth".....Belinda Carlisle
10. "(I've Had) The Time Of My Life".....Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes
11. "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now".....Starship
12. "I Think We're Alone Now".....Tiffany
13. "With Or Without You".....U2
14. "At This Moment".....Billy Vera and the Beaters
15. "Keep Your Hands To Yourself".....Georgia Satellites
16. "Heart And Soul".....T'Pau
17. "Open Your Heart".....Madonna
18. "Didn't We Almost Have It All".....Whitney Houston
19. "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For".....U2
20. "Looking For A New Love".....Jody Watley
21. "Don't Dream It's Over".....Crowded House
22. "Is This Love".....Whitesnake
23. "Shake Your Love".....Debbie Gibson
24. "Shakedown".....Bob Seger
25. "Notorious".....Duran Duran
26. "I Want Your Sex".....George Michael
27. "The Lady In Red".....Chris DeBurgh
28. "Always".....Atlantic Starr
29. "Head To Toe".....Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam
30. "Mony Mony".....Billy Idol
31. "Only In My Dreams".....Debbie Gibson
32. "Land Of Confusion".....Genesis
33. "Lost In Emotion"....Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam
34. "Should've Known Better".....Richard Marx
35. "You Keep Me Hanging On".....Kim Wilde
36. "Touch Me (I Want Your Body)".....Samantha Fox
37. "Lean On Me".....Club Nouveau
38. "Catch Me (I'm Falling)".....Poison
39. "I Knew You Were Waiting".....Aretha Franklin & George Michael
40. "(I Just) Died In Your Arms".....Cutting Crew
41. "Control".....Janet Jackson
42. "Somewhere Out There".....Linda Ronstadt & James Ingram
43. "U Got The Look".....Prince
44. "Don't You Want Me".....Jody Watley
45. "Jacob's Ladder".....Huey Lewis and the News
46. "I Heard A Rumour".....Bananarama
47. "Little Lies".....Fleetwood Mac
48. "Songbird".....Kenny G
49. "Breakout".....Swing Out Sister
50. "Someday".....Glass Tiger
51. "Bad".....Michael Jackson
52. "In Too Deep:.....Genesis
53. "I Just Can't Stop Loving You".....Michael Jackson & Siedah Garrett
54. "La Isla Bonita".....Madonna
55. "Let's Wait Awhile".....Janet Jackson
56. "Luka".....Suzanne Vega
57. "You Got It All".....The Jets
58. "Who's That Girl".....Madonna
59. "Don't Mean Nothing".....Richard Marx
60. "Come On With Me".....Expose
61. "Will You Still Love Me?".....Chicago
62. "Wanted Dead Or Alive".....Bon Jovi
63. "Don't Disturb This Groove".....The System
64. "Change Of Heart".....Cyndi Lauper
65. "Rhythm Is Gonna Get You".....Gloria Estefan and Miami Sound Machine
66. "Casanova".....Levert
67. "When Smokey Sings".....ABC
68."Is This Love".....Survivor
69. "The Finer Things".....Steve Winwood
70. "Rock Steady".....The Whispers
71. "Big Time".....Peter Gabriel
72. "Point Of No Return".....Expose
73. "We'll Be Together".....Sting
74. "Something So Strong".....Crowded House
75. "Victory".....Kool and the Gang
76. "The One I Love"......R.E.M.
77. "Causing A Commotion".....Madonna
78. "Sign O' The Times".....Prince
79. "Carrie".....Europe
80. "Mandolin Rain".....Bruce Hornsby and the Range
81. "Tonight, Tonight, Tonight".....Genesis
82. "Can't We Try".....Dan Hill with Vonda Sheppard
83. "Diamonds".....Herb Albert
84. "Heart Of The Night".....Bryan Adams
85. "Let Me Be The One".....Expose
86. "Brilliant Disguise".....Bruce Springsteen
87. "Midnight Blue".....Lou Gramm
88. "Just To See Her".....Smokey Robinson
89. "Doing It All For My Baby".....Huey Lewis and the News
90. "Valerie".....Steve Winwood
91. "Cross My Broken Heart".....The Jets
92. "Ballerina Girl".....Lionel Richie
93. "Nothing's Gonna Change My Love For You".....Glenn Medeiros
94. "It's A Sin".....Pet Shop Boys
95. "I've Been In Love Before".....Cutting Crew
96. "Wipeout".....Fat Boys & Beach Boys
97. "Big Love".....Fleetwood Mac
98. "Respect Yourself".....Bruce Willis
99. "Who Will You Run To?.....Heart
100. "Right On Track".....Breakfast Club

6 comments:

MUST Gum Addict said...

How Livin' on a Prayer by Bon Jovi didn't make it to the top of the list surprises me. Wow. '87 was quite a year. Is it sad that I know the lyrics to EACH of those songs, but that I can't remember my own kid's names?

Another meshugannah mommy said...

I graduated in 1987.

Livin' On a Prayer has a prominent position on my Ipod.

Jack Steiner said...

Boy, you guys are old. ;)

MUST Gum Addict said...

I actually went to a Bon Jovi concert a few months ago...

bornfool said...

I was a DJ in '87. I remember playing most of these songs over and over again.

Jack Steiner said...

BF,

I am sure. I remember hearing these all the time at the parties I went to.

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...