Music I Exercise To and Some Odds and Ends

I received an email in which I was asked a number of questions about what types of music. I grew up listening to a wide variety of types. It really has developed into a general love for music.

My personal collection is relatively large and constantly growing. One of my favorite developments of the Internet age is the ability to download individual songs. There have been far too many instances of my having been forced to buy an album that is at best fair so that I could own the one or two good songs on it.

This evening I stumbled across a video of Prodigy performing Breathe. When I work out on my heavy bag I frequently play this as it has a good beat. The goal is to keep hitting the bag throughout the entire song. On a side note I have played around with adopting that bald guy's hairstyle. What do you think.

And just to give you a sense of how diverse my taste can be here are links to some other videos that I enjoy, or should I say music that I really enjoy.

Visions of Paradise by Mick Jagger (Say what you will about Mick, I love the story in this video)

Tunak Tunak Tun by Daler Mehndi

King Without a Crown by Matisyahu

And just for kicks here is another list of songs I listened to this evening. You have got to love iTunes shuffle.

Rhinestone Cowboy
Glen Campbell
The Golden Road
Grateful Dead
No Time
The Guess Who
W*O*L*D
Harry Chapin
Real Wild Child (Wild One)
Iggy Pop
I Don't Wanna Talk about it
Indigo Girls
Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Iron Maiden
Get Up (Sex Machine)
James Brown
Ring of Fire
Johnny Cash
With A Song In My Heart
José Carreras
Faithfully
Journey
I Can't Quit You Baby
Led Zeppelin
Oh Mary
Neil Diamond

4 comments:

Pragmatician said...

Like you I'm a big fan of the advent of individual songs. Albums are designed to contain only a few strong songs, it also allows to experience a greater variety of artists and styles.

Jack Steiner said...

That freedom has really helped to expand my taste ever further.

Stacey said...

Rhinestone Cowboy? Oy. And you say my taste sucks! hee hee

The last song is the best. I love Neil!

Richmond said...

Do you 'spoze that guy (in the Breathe video) knows his hair looks rather "Flock of Seagulls" gone punk?

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...