Saturday Night Roundup

Ok folks it is time for your Saturday night roundup and a couple of thoughts to share.

My son is trying to sing along to King Without a Crown and is getting a little frustrated because "that guy talks too fast."

My daughter almost made me cry. She ran up to me and hugged my leg. When I bent down to pick her up she said "Da da, love you" and then she kissed me. That is the first time that she has said "love you" to me. Not that I ever doubted it, but it just caught me off guard. A plesant surprise.

My son played his own role in making my evening. I was carrying him in from the car, his head lay on my shoulder and he snored gently in my ear. When I lay him down in his bed he woke up and called to me. "Daddy, I need my special blessing." My heart almost burst. One of my goals is for my children to understand just how important that blessing is to me and to make it important to them. It is a sign of my love and I want for them to desire it when they are 130, not for my ego but because it is one of those special things that they share only with me.

Anyway, on to the roundup:

Merry Xmas

Music of The Evening

Math- What Is It Good For

I Must Not Be Symmetrical

Blast From The Past:

Some Things I'll Teach My Children

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a good man

elvira black said...

That is so beautiful. I have no kids, but it sounds like yours are a true blessing to you, and you to them.

Have a very merry Christmas.

Jack Steiner said...

Thanks EB.

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...