Blogging Without Direction

During the past 18 months or so I have been asked on many occasions about how I find develop posts, what methods do I use to determine what I am going to be writing about.

To a certain extent I have been blogging without direction, which is part of the reason I chose the title of this blog. I have very diverse interests and I didn't want to lock myself into one particular niche.

That is not to say that there are not specific areas of interest. I could point to the Jewish Connection and I am willing to bet that I have about 50 posts on various aspects/thoughts about Judaism. I haven't always crossposted them here, don't know why I just haven't.

Back to the blog as a whole one of things that I sometimes find to be frustrating are the lack of comments on the posts that I see as being more serious/interesting. There is no doubt that part of that can be attributed to the pace at which I blog. It is not uncommon for me to put up five or six posts a night. This doesn't lend itself well to extended comments, but it hasn't totally killed them off either.

One of the things that I really need to do is to try and set up at a couple more drop down menus that can be used to help categorize things. It should help, at least it should help me if no one else.

2 comments:

MC Aryeh said...

I read and appreciate all your posts, Jack, and try to comment on as many as possible. But to be honest, the sheer volume of posts and time constrainst sometimes force me to choose the posts I feel the most connection with to comment on...

Jack Steiner said...

That makes perfect sense to me, nothing wrong with that at all.

Even if I only put up one post a day there would be little reason to comment on things that you feel no connection to or have no opinion about.

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...