- Laugh, love and learn always and forever.
- Never forget to hold your friends and family close to you.
- A good hug can change your day. Everyone needs a hug. We all need to touch and be held. My thoughts on being shomer negiah later.
- The majority opinion is not always right nor the most moral/ethical.
- Some things are worth fighting for and some are not. The hard part is discerning which is which.
- You can never read too many books but you must always supplement your reading/education by doing.
- Travel and interact with the world around you.
- Learn to speak more than one language.
- Play a team sport and learn how to be a team player.
- Understand that life is a journey and that half the fun is indeed getting there.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'." — Groucho Marx
Some Things I'll Teach My Children
I have a long list of items to teach my children but here is an incomplete list of things that I want to teach them.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Why I Blog
Been a minute since I last updated so I thought I would reference an older post about Why I Blog . Here at the keyboard I commune with ot...
There are moments when hosting Haveil Havalim very much reminds me of the cabin scene from A Night At The Opera. There are so many different...
Someone once told me that the heart wants what the heart wants. I don’t know if that is a line from a book or a movie, it could be. Then aga...
I know that there are at least two people in the blogosphere besides myself that remember Richies Pizza in Jerusalem, Jameel and Trep . But...
We would all do well to learn those and live them.
I try. I am not alway successful, but I ty.
Fantastic list. I hope your kids appreciate the wisdom you are imparting to them...
Thank you MC. When they get a little older I think that they will appreciate it more.
Jack, you seem awesome! Your wife and your children are blessed! I can't wait to meet you one of these days...hey, can you let me know when there are Jewish events in LA that you hear of? Since I'm newly returned, I'm totally out of the social loop. :) Thanks~
If they live by even half of those things they will benefit tremendously.
I'll be happy to let you know of events as I hear about them. You may already be aware of this, but the Jewish Journal usually has a calendar that lists them as well.
It is a decent resource.
Post a Comment