My Reward

This past August I wrote about Blessing My Children. It is something that I take quite seriously and derive much pleasure from.

Today I received what I consider to be a reward from this practice. My son hurt himself and came to me seeking comfort. I gave him a hug and kissed his head but he said that was not enough and asked me to give him his special blessing.

I couldn't have been happier. I have worked hard to create a special moment in time, a sanctuary that he and his sister can rely upon and I am so very pleased to see that he recognizes it as such. I do this for them because they are so very important.

Life is good.

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...