I See Fear- Part 2

I don't need to look in the mirror to see the fear that sometimes strikes me in places so deep I am barely conscience of their existence.

It is a nagging fear that naws away at me. It is the fear of the bogeyman that could get my children. It is the irrational desire to lock them in a bubble where nothing can touch them and no harm shall come.

It is the knowledge that they think I am omniscient and I am faking it. It is the concern that somehow I am going to fail in my obligation to protect them.

And then I take a deep breath and the fear passes through me. I endure and persevere because that is what I do, what I have always done and always will. I know no other way.

My iTunes is up to around 2300 songs or so. Here is a partial list of what I am listening to this evening.

Whiskey Lullaby Brad Paisley
i - Alkher Illa Doffor; Ii - Ad Izayanugass Cheb i Sabbah
Burn Down The Mission Elton John
May It Be Enya
Insomnia (Monster Mix) Faithless
One Step Too Far (Featuring Dido) Faithless & Dido
Anduril Howard Shore
Evenstar - featuring Isabel Bayrakdarian Howard Shore
Samwise The Brave Howard Shore
Gollum's Song - performed by Emiliana Torrini Howard Shore
Feeling Alright Joe Cocker
I Can Love You Like That John Michael Montgomery
Picture Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow
Duel of the Fates from Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace London Symphony Orchestra
The Breaking of the Fellowship (Featuring "In Dreams") Lord Of The Rings Soundtrack
Elysium The Lyndhurst Orchestra
Chop 'Em Down Matisyahu
King Without a Crown Matisyahu
Home Sweet Home Mötley Crüe
Adagio for Strings New Zealand Symphony Orchestra
Walkin' After Midnight (1961 Remake) Patsy Cline
It Was a Very Good Year Ray Charles & Willie Nelson
Who Wants to Live Forever Sarah Brightman
Distant Green Valley The Silk Road Ensemble & Yo-Yo Ma
Moonlight Sonata - Adagio - Beethoven
On Sacred Ground Yanni
Disco Inferno

3 comments:

The Misanthrope said...

I enjoy looking at the music people listen to and looking at their book shelves. I think it provides a certain insight into the person, probably as much as a shadow does, but I like it anyway.

Jack Steiner said...

Mrs. Tantrum,

Music is very important to me.

Mirty,

You are a slacker. Pick it up. ;)

Misanthrope,

I always look at what books/music people own. It is very interesting to me.

Stacey said...

Burn, baby burn.

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...