Stars Defend Tom Cruise

Some of these buffoons have the misguided view that they have real influence and intelligence to boot. There is no connection between acting and the ability to provided an educated comment. It irritates me that they think that just because we pay money to watch them perform we should also be interested in their politics.

TOM CRUISE has made headlines in recent weeks for speaking out on everything from Scientology to psychiatric drugs. Tom's supporters and friends, like "JAG" alum CATHERINE BELL and 'Sky High' star KELLY PRESTON, come out in defense of the superstar.

"I think he's so cool for standing up," Bell told ET about his war of the words over post partum medication.

Preston, the wife of JOHN TRAVOLTA (and practicing Scientologist) had some choice words about Cruise as well, whom she co-starred with in 'Jerry Maguire' and his recent run-ins with BROOKE SHIELDS and "Today" show host MATT LAUER. Kelly sat down with ET's MARK STEINES to speak out about supporting Tom and his strong statements about psychiatric drugs.

"It's no coincidence that in the last two weeks, there have been two huge FDA warnings," says Kelly. "We wouldn't have these warnings without Tom and others speaking out."

Someone should tell Kelly about the FDA.

2 comments:

Chaim said...

Jack I couldn't agree with you more. Having a talent in one area, does not all of a sudden make your opinion on something completely different important.

I wouldn't trust the guy who washes my car "really well" for advice on my mental health. So why should I trust a guy who act's "really well"

Kelly P is hurting her own image as well, cause until now she has been a very well respected voice with regards to not overmedicating children. Something I can agree with to a degree. I think we are sometimes too OVER medicated. But I wouldn't ever say no one should ever be medicated. It's not black and white. She should not be associating herself with a man who is jumping up and down on sofa's professing his love for a girl half his age and who seems like he is some serious need of medication himself.

Jack Steiner said...

Chaim,

Some people are a little slow. But what can you do.

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...