"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'." — Groucho Marx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Not Dead Yet
Been a whole slew of crazy things that have happened since I last updated this joint. It is not an exaggeration to say I am not dead yet, c...
-
***Third Update- I encourage you to also check out : How Many Blogs Do You Read? A question for those who choose to answer. How did you com...
-
I find this story to be more than a little troubling. Is anyone paying attention to the background of the candidates, or are they just letti...
-
I know that there are at least two people in the blogosphere besides myself that remember Richies Pizza in Jerusalem, Jameel and Trep . But...
8 comments:
Enjoy it, I am waiting for my copy ti et here from the UK as soon as my Mum has read it!
I got my copy the other night, but I have promised myself that I need to finish "The List" before I start this. My son started his, but told me yesterday he probably should have reread the last book first. I may flip through it or listen to it... I love to listen to Jim Dale read it. Jim also reads Peter and the Star Catchers... you should read that one, too.
Cindra
Wow. I am really at a loss for what to say on people's blogs today with all of this Harry Potter stuff.:(
So far I am really enjoying it.
I am a person with creative leanings and yet have never gotten into science fiction or fantasy like Harry Potter (or Lord of Rings, or Star Trek or Buffy,etc.) I wonder why some people take to these things and some don't. I've started Harry Potter but wasn't pulled by it. I know that's hard to read for the avid fans. I was bored by the movie (and Lord of the Rings).
Rav,
You are not the first person to say that. I am sure that there are people who never get into or enjoy the sci-fi/fantasy genre.
OTOH, I have found that I have gotten some people interested by spending a few minutes speaking to them about what is involved in these stories.
There is action, drama, love and adventure.
It can be similar to learning Gemara. If your command of the language is not great and your foundation is not quite there it can be harder to appreciate.
Yes, reb neil, I too was, lulei demistafina, so bored by LOTR that I walked out!!!
I don't like sports.
Post a Comment