Clerics seek U.S. apologies for Koran abuse

I am not an advocate nor a supporter of abusing the Koran, Torah, Bible or any other holy book but as far as I am concerned these clerics can take their request and stick it because I have yet to see them apologize for Muslim terrorists who fly planes into buildings, saw off the heads of captives, blow themselves up in crowded restaurants, schoolyards or any number of other nasty things.

"Afghan Chief Justice Fazl Hadi Shinwari, head of the influential national clerics' body, the Ulema Council, said it had passed a two-point resolution on the issue on Tuesday.

"The Ulema Council resolved that the United States and those who have done this should apologize to the whole Muslim community, and the ones who have done this should be punished so that others don't do this again," he told Reuters.

Muslims consider the Koran the literal word of God and treat each book with deep reverence."


When I hear a heartfelt apology for these actions then I might consider offering one for the few idiots on our side that did this. But even then I am not going to ever offer a reason or acceptance of their behavior in which people were killed during riots over a book.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If all fundamentalists would respect other human beings the same way that they respect their own religious books, this world be a much better and safer place.

Anonymous said...

I would think that the next time an Islamic terrorist wants to blow up a building, he should check first if there isn't a volume of the Koran somewhere inside. This might be the ultimate terrorist deterrent, since as vince just said, it seems as the holy book has a higher value for some fundamentalists than the lives of some human beings.

Jack Steiner said...

That is kind of funny.

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...