Bump And Grind

It was a busier day than I intended it to be. My daughter is sick or teething or sick,or sick of teething. It really doesn't matter, all I know is that I got about 3.5 hours of sleep last night and somehow I am still awake now. I am tired, but lost in thought.

Jack is a dreamer and tonight is a night in which I have turned off the more serious part of my brain and am just listening to music and getting lost in memory and fantasy.

I was going to put up an elaborate post about my thoughts but I don't have it in me, so instead allow me to share a list of music that helps to illustrate what I am thinking. These are some of my favorite songs. The list is incomplete, but it is a good start.

At a later point in time I may weave a tale using the lyrics of these songs to tell the story.

Knockin' on Heaven's Door- Bob Dylan
Subterranean Homesick Blues- Bob Dylan
Whiskey Lullaby- Brad Paisley
Save a Horse Ride A Cowboy- Big & Rich
In My Life- The Beatles
Golden Slumbers- The Beatles
Forever Young- Rod Stewart
Young Turks- Rod Stewart
Boulevard of Broken Dreams- Green Day
Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)- Green Day
My Way- Frank Sinatra
It Was A Very Good Year- Frank Sinatra
What's Going On- Marvin Gaye
I Want To Break Free- Queen
Float On- Modest Mouse
Beautiful- Moby
Babe I'm Gonna Leave You- Led Zeppelin
Nobody's fault but Mine- Led Zeppelin
Mr. Brightside- The Killers
Visions of Paradise- Mick Jagger
Suspicious Minds- Elvis
Burning Love- Elvis
Boys of Summer- Don Henley
Born to Run- Springsteen
Tunnel of Love- Springsteen
Come Talk To Me- Peter Gabriel
Cry- Faith Hill
The Fire Inside- Bob Seger
A Song for You - Ray Charles
Crazy Love- Ray Charles & Van Morrison
If You Could Read My Mind- Gordon Lightfoot
Love Ain't for Keepin- The Who

Ring of Fire- Johnny Cash
Hard To Handle- Otis Redding
Where The Streets Have No Name-U2
Walk On-U2
Uninvited-Alanis Morrisette

5 comments:

B2 said...

Nice mix of new and old.

Workman Chronicles said...

That has got to be one of the most diverse, eclectic song lists I've ever seen.
And incredibly impressive! Your taste reflects a melancholy romantic with an astoundingly open mind.
(I don't charge extra for the musical tarot reading.)

*Morris Workman
www.morrisworkman.com
workmanchronicles.blogspot.com
dvtsports.blogspot.com

Jack Steiner said...

Music is a passion of mine.

Anonymous said...

Looking at your list I think you'd really like Springsteen,s latest Devils and Dust. Try "All I'm Thinkin' About" or "Leah". Nice variety of artists.

B2 said...

P.S. Tag, you're it.

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...